1 Cup Basmati rice
1 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. food color
4 1/2 Cup water
2 table sp. gheeClick to find more about ghee
2 cinnamonClick to find more about cinnamon sticks
CardamomClick to find more about Cardamom 4-5 pods
1/2 tsp. rosewater essence
1/4 Cup cottage cheese
1/2 Cup cashew nuts(chopped), raisinsClick to find more about raisins, almondsClick to find more about almonds etc.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in a saucepan. Add food color.
- Add rice to boiling water.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until rice is 2/3 cooked.
- Drain rice in a colander.
- Heat butter in a saucepan.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup water, sugar, cinnamonClick to find more about cinnamon sticks and cardamomClick to find more about cardamom and cook for 3 minutes. Add cooked rice and rose water essence.
- Mix together and cook on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cottage cheese and nuts.
- Serve hot as a dessert.