- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup coconut bacon
- 1 medium ripe red tomato
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Several small leaves of romaine or butter lettuce
- Be sure to make the coconut bacon before you get started on the sandwich (it’s easy to make, and you’ll have lots of leftovers, which freeze well).
- When you’re ready to make sandwich(es), first toast the bread to your desired doneness.
- Halve and pit the avocado, and scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt, and use a fork to mash the avocado until it’s pretty smooth and easily spreadable. Taste, and add more salt if necessary.
- Spread avocado on top of both slices of bread. Spread coconut bacon heavily on one piece of toast, and lightly press it into the avocado to help it stick.
- Slice the tomato into ½” thick slices. Top the bacon-covered toast with 2 to 3 slices of tomato, and sprinkle it with black pepper. Top the tomato with lettuce, and place the remaining slice of bread on top, avocado side down. If you prefer, carefully slice the sandwich in half with a serrated knife.