A summer refreshing drink to beat the heat.
- 1 medium-size ripe banana (about 4 oz.), sliced
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach (about 5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple cubes (about 2 1/2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup coconut water, plus more as needed
- 2 small kiwis (about 5 1/2 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons hempseed
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey, optional
- Desired toppings
- Freeze banana slices for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Place banana, spinach, pineapple, coconut water, kiwis, hempseed, salt, and, if desired, ginger and honey in a blender, process until smooth, 20 to 30 seconds, stopping to stir and scrape down sides as needed. (If mixture is too thick, add up to 4 tablespoons coconut water and process again.)
- Divide between 2 bowls and sprinkle with toppings.