There’s no denying that French toast is incredibly yummy, but it’s even better in deep-fried, bite-sized form. Must try at home!
2 tsp dry active yeast
1 cup lukewarm water
½ cup + 1 tsp sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp salt
1 large egg yolk
2 large eggs
¼ cup canola oil
½ cup cinnamon sugar
½ cup maple syrup
- Mix warm water, yeast and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place remaining sugar, flour and salt in a stand mixer fitted with dough hook attachment.
- Slowly pour in eggs, yolk and oil and mix until you get shaggy dough. Pour in the yeast mixture.
- Mix dough for 8 minutes and transfer to a well-oiled glass bowl.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise for 1 to 2 hours until doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough into a 1-inch thick round.
- Cut into circles using a 4-inch biscuit cutter.