Mixed vegetables, chopped into small pieces – 2-1/2 cups (Carrots, French Beans, Potato, Peas)
Pineapple, chopped (fresh or canned) – 1/2 cup
Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
Fresh Cream (not thick) – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – To taste
Freshly ground Black Pepper – To taste
- Place an open saucepan filled with water on medium-high heat. As soon as it comes to a boil, add the chopped carrots, French beans and peas.
- Let them partially boil to a soft yet not completely squishy state.
- Boil the potato pieces separately. These should be completely boiled because partially boiled potatoes will spoil the salad’s taste.
- Place all ready chopped vegetables in a large bowl and add the chopped pineapple pieces. Toss to combine.
- Add the mayonnaise, cream and sugar. Also sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Combine everything well and then cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour. Serve chilled.
- Arrange torn lettuce leaves and chopped cucumber pieces in a ring on the edges of the serving platter and spoon the salad in between. Serve chilled.