Make your summer chilling with 7up raspberry ice cream float and enjoy the burst of flavors. Easy recipe to make at home!
For the ice cream:
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ cups half and half
½ cup 7UP
¾ cup whipping cream
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 lime, zested
1 tsp raspberry extract
For the syrup:
1 cup 7UP
2 cups fresh raspberries
For the floats:
7UP for floating
Crushed graham crackers
Whipped cream for garnish
Fresh or dried raspberries for garnish
1. If using an ice cream maker, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, half and half, 7UP, whipping cream and frozen raspberries, and pour into prepared ice cream maker. Churn according to ice cream maker directions.
2. Place ice cream in airtight containers and freeze for another 2 hours.
3. If going old school, whisk whipping cream to form stiff peaks and set aside. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, half and half, 7UP, lime zest and raspberry extract.
4. Stir in 1 cup raspberries and fold mixture into whipped cream.
5. Pour mixture into a baking dish (such as a 9×9 or a loaf pan).
6. Freeze mixture for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
7. For the raspberry syrup, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until syrupy (about 5–7 minutes).
8. Set aside to cool. Strain if desired.
9. To assemble, dip ice cream float glasses in raspberry syrup, then into crushed graham crackers.
10. Layer each glass with raspberry syrup, ice cream, fresh raspberries and crushed graham crackers, garnishing with 7UP and more accouterments as desired!