Because sometimes an occasion just calls for a gummy frog hidden in cotton candy overtop a goblet of multi-colored jello.
1 1/4 cups cider
2 balls white cotton candy
2 frog gummies
1 to 2 drops purple food coloring
1 to 2 drops blue food coloring
3 1/2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut an opening in each cotton candy ball and stick a frog gummy in it.
- Soak the powdered gelatin in 2 tablespoons of water. In a bowl, heat the water, and then mix in sugar, gelatin and lemon juice.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the gelatin mixture into a shallow bowl and add purple food coloring.
- Pour another 3 tablespoons of the gelatin mixture into a separate shallow bowl and add blue food coloring.
- Refrigerate until solidified.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and cut into thin pieces.