Chicken/ Mutton – 1/2 kg
Rice – 1/2 kg, soak them in water
Onion – 1 large
Tomatoes – 3 large
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Dried plums – 5-6
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Salt – to taste
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric power – 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp crushed
Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Fennel – 1/2 tsp
Large cardamom – 2
Small cardamom – 4
Cinnamon stick – 2 small
Whole black pepper – 6-7
Fresh coriander an mint leaves – as needed
Green chillies – 3 large
Food color – few drops
- Fry thinly sliced onion till light brown, remove half and spread on paper towel.
- Now add ginger garlic and stir add chopped tomatoes and fry till soft.
- Now add yogurt and all other spices. Stir and add green chillies and chicken/ mutton.
- Add 1 cup water and let it cook till tender and oil separate.
- Add coriander leaves and mint leaves.Set aside and boil rice.
- In a large pot add salt and 1 tbsp vinegar. You can add Biryani essence 1 tsp to give a Deghi Aroma to your biryani. Let water boil and add washed rice.
- Boil Rice and strain.
- In a pot pour oil to grease bottom and then spread rice then chicken and then again rice.
- Sprinkle brown onion, yellow food color and coriander.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes and serve with raita and salad.