3⁄4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar (or 1/2 teaspoon honey or molasses)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Beat egg until fluffy.
- Add milk and melted margarine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a heavy griddle or fry pan which is greased with a little butter on a paper towel.
- The pan is hot enough when a drop of water breaks into several smaller balls which ‘dance’ around the pan.
- Pour a small amount of batter (approx 1/4 cup) into pan and tip to spread out or spread with spoon.
- When bubbles appear on surface and begin to break, turn over and cook the other side.