Ingredients for Kadhi:
Yogurt – 1/2 kg
Gram flour – 3 tbsp
Onion – 1 small, sliced.
Salt to taste
Red chili powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp or to taste
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
garlic paste – 1 tsp
Dried fenugreek – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Water – 4 cups
Ingredients for Pakora:
Gram flour/ basan – 1 and 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Red chili flakes – 1 tsp
Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp, crushed
Onion, sliced – 1 medium
Potato, thinly sliced – 1 medium
Mint and coriander as needed
Green chilies, chopped – 3
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Ingredients for Bhagar:
Oil – 1/2 cup
Green chilies – 4-5 or use whole red chilies 4-5
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 4-5
- In a blender add all ingredients of kadhi and blend well.
Pour kadhi in a pot and cook on low flame till thick in consistency.
- In a bowl add gram flour and all other ingredients. Cut potatoes in a form of thin sticks.
- Heat oil and fry pakoras. Fry all and add in kadhi.
- Cover with the lid and let it cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Prepare Bhagar/ tempering.
- I have used my home grown curry leaves. I always like the smell of curry leaves in Kadhi or daals.
- In a pan add oil and all ingredients of bhagar. let them crackle. Chilies can splatter oil, so be careful.
- When a nice aroma of curry leaves and cumin seeds appears, pour on kadhi and mix lightly.
- Serve with Bhagare Rice or Roti.