2 whole oranges, unpeeled
1/2 cup cooking oil
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the oranges under running water. Cut in wedges and place into a blender. Add the oil and the eggs and blend together.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add the contents of the blender to the contents of the bowl and mix until you get a “sloppy” batter.
- Pour into a rectangular greased baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
When blending the orange with the eggs and oil, don’t blend to the point that the orange peel disappears. Little pieces of orange peel in the batter gives this cake a special flavor.