Servings: 7-8 Cooking time: 1hr 40mins
- 2lbs leg of lamb or 2 lbs mutton or 2 lbs beef round steak
- half cup of soysauce
- 2onions, thinly sliced
- 1teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Bone the lamb, trimming off any skin or excess fat. Cut into thin slices across the grain.
- Place meat in a heavy pan with the soysauce and onions. Cover and simmer for an hour.
- Add the salt, pepper, butter and vinegar (if using) and continue simmering for 30 minutes, or until tender.