1 cup organic white basmati rice
2 cups peas
1 sliced onion
1 chopped potato (medium size)
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
Salt and Black pepper to taste
- In a pan on medium flame, add olive oil and ghee.
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- Add chopped ginger and stir for few seconds.
- Then add chopped potatoes and stir for a minute. Cover with Lid and cook on low flame for another 2-3 minutes until they turn little soft.
- Add sliced onions and all spices – garam masala, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper and stir for few seconds.
- Now add 2 cups of peas and stir for another minute.
- Now add 2 cups water and one cup rice and bring the mixture to boil.
- Once water starts boiling, turn the flame on low heat.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with curd or raita.