Mash/ White lentil – 1 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 small thinly sliced
Garlic mince – 1 tbsp
Tomatoes – 2 medium
Green chilies chopped – 3
Salt – to taste
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Red chili flakes – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Ginger sticks, coriander, green chilies – as needed for garnish
- Soak Dal/lentil in water for 1 hour. Wash it and boil in water till tender but not very soft.
- Drain water and set aside.
- In a pot add oil and onion, fry it till light brown. Add garlic and stir for few more minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chilies, cook till soft now add all spices and fry by adding 1 tbsp water at a time for five minutes.
- Add boiled lentil in it and add 5-6 tbsp. water in it. Cover with lid and let it simmer on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Now fry on medium flame till oil separates.
- Garnish with ginger sticks , green chilies and coriander leaves.