Falafel recipe from Middle East: these crispy, fried chickpeas balls are one of the best vegan foods
Chickpea (white channa) 500 g dried, soaked in water for 24 hours
Garlic 1 – clove
Onion – ¼
Coriander (dhaniya) – 2,5 g, ground
Cumin (zeera) – 2,5 g, ground
Parsley 1 – g, chopped
Salt – 5 gr
Lemon juice5 – ml
Black pepper – 2,5 g
Oil As needed, for frying
- Once the white channa have finished soaking, mash them in a bowl together with the spices until they are well-mixed, but not a purée.
- If necessary, add a bit of water and adjust the salt, pepper and lemon according to taste.
- Shape into balls, about the size and shape of a slightly flattened walnut, then let them rest in the refrigerator for a half hour.
- Fry them in boiling oil for about five minutes, turning them, until they form a golden crust.
- Serve with tahini (sesame sauce), hummus, or yogurt.