6 tsp. green tea leaves
15-20 seeds of green cardamom Click
1-2 tsp. ground cardamom
1-2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1-2 ltr (full cream milk) Fresh cream ( malai)
6 tsp. ground pistachio/almonds
6 cups water
Salt to taste
- Pour water in a heavy based large pan. Add tea leaves, salt.
- Bring to boil reduce heat and simmer briskly for 4-5 minutes or until it reduces to 13 its quantity.
- While it is still boiling pour in it about 2-3 cups of cold water or enough water to make four cups in all.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain and keep aside.
- Boil the milk with ground cardamom.
- Pour prepared tea water (Qahwa) in the milk.
- Bring to boil, add salt.
- Remove from heat and pour into 6 cups.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of cream or malai.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of pistachio/almondsClick to find more about almonds over it.