This iconic Indian dish is not just loaded with flavorful spices, but is surprisingly simple to make too.
1 whole chicken, separated into breasts, legs, wings and thighs
1/2 cup plain yogurt
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon garam masala
4 cloves garlic, finely grated
1 inch of ginger, finely grated
1/2 tablespoon dry ginger powder
1/2 tablespoon ground red chili
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon crushed methi (fenugreek) leaves
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon powdered red food coloring
Thinly sliced white onions and lemon, to serve
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except chicken, and stir until combined.
- Make deep slashes in chicken and pour marinade over top.
- Gently massage the chicken and ensure all sides are coated.
- Place in fridge to marinate for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake chicken for about 30 minutes, or until firm to the touch and juices run clear. Serve with onions and lemon.