Chicken breast – 1
Barley porridge – 250 gm
Sago – 50 gm
Porridge (packet) – 100 gm
Onion (sliced) – 1
Ginger/garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chillies (chopped) – 4
Coriander leaves (chopped) as required
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt as required
Oil – 4 tbsp
- Soak barley, porridge and sago in separate bowls.
- Put oil in a pot on low flame and fry onion till it softens.
- Add ginger/garlic paste and chicken breast.
- Cook till chicken turns white.
- Drain barley, porridge and sago and add salt, along with 1, 1/3 cups water.
- Cook on low flame.
- When gravy starts to boil and becomes a little thick, add 2 cups water and leave to cook on low flame.
- Stir continuously when all the ingredients are well combined, and porridge, sago and barley are fully crushed, to keep from sticking at the bottom.
- Remove chicken breast from the pot, hammer it fine and put it again in the pot.
- Add black pepper, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Take it out in a dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.