- 6 (6-oz) pieces center-cut salmon fillet (about 1 inch thick) with skin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lime zest
- 6 tablespoons lime butter sauce
- Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas).
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper, then grill, flesh sides down, on lightly oiled grill rack (covered only if using gas grill) 4 minutes. Turn fillets over and grill (covered only if using gas grill) until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes more. Sprinkle fillets with zest and top each with 1 tablespoon lime butter sauce.