Butter, 2 chunks
Cumin seeds (Zeera), 2 tsp
Ginger paste, 2 tsp
Green chili, 1 chopped
Peas, as much as you like
Coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
Garam masala, 1 tsp
Salt, to taste
- Melt butter in a kadhai.
- Add cumin seeds and let them sputter. Now add ginger paste and fry till you smell the wonderful aroma of ginger.
- Now add the chopped green chili, the cauliflower florets, peas and salt. Sauté well.
- Pour in just enough water so that cauliflower cooks well in the steam. This is like a quarter cup of water.
- Cover it and let it cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, or till done. You can check the softness of cauliflower it should not be hard from inside (use a fork to check) and it should not be mushy either.
- Gently mix them all to insure everything is cooked.
- You can now garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and garam masala. I generally toss and mix the coriander and garam masala in with the veggies at this stage and it looks super.
- Smells super too! Best served with hot buttery chapattis.