Try this not so regular rice, serve with chilled coke and enjoy with family.
250 gm of Basmati rice
80 gm of corn kernels
2 tsp of olive oil
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
1 tsp of salt
4 green chilies
5 gm of cumin seed
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp of pepper corn
8 flakes of cloves
2 cups of hot water
3 Tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
2 tsp of lime juice
Fried diced chopped bell pepper
- Rinse basmati rice and soak it in water for at least 15-20mins.
- Grind coconut, green chili, coriander leaves to make a fine paste.
- Take a pan and add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf, pepper corn, sliced onion, slit green chilies, ginger garlic paste and the above coconut paste. Fry well, and then add corn kernels.
- Drain the rice and add it to the pan. Keep stirring.
- Add hot water, little salt and cook for 15mins.
- Once the rice is 3/4th done add lime juice.
- Finally garnish with fried diced red and yellow bell pepper, grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with cucumber raita.