Egg Whites – 4 (large)
Sugar – 1 cup
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla – 1 tsp (extract or powder)
All-purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
Sweetened Coconut Flake – 2+1/2 cups
- Sift the flour, set aside (optional but recommended).
- In a stainless steel bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the egg whites, sugar and salt.
- When the mixture is warm to the touch, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, flour and coconut flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place small mounds (about 1 tbsp) of the dough on to the parchment-lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minute or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.