1) Chicken boneless 1 kg, cubed
2) Garlic paste 1 tsp
3) Ginger paste 1 tsp
4) Red chillies ½ tbsp, crushed
5) Sugar 1 tsp
6) Soya sauce 1 tbsp
7) White Vinegar 1 tbsp
8) Salt to taste
9) Oil 2 tbsp
Sauce for Shashlik
1) Tomato pulp 2 tbsp
2) Soya sauce 1 tsp
3) White Vinegar 1 tbsp
4) Red chillies 1 tsp, powdered
5) Salt to taste
Vegetables for Shashlik
1) Tomatoes 3 medium, unripe. Cut into square pieces,
2) remove and save the pulp for sauce.
3) Capsicums 3, remove seeds, cut into squares
4) Onions 3, peel and quarter, separate layers
Sauce for Vegetables
1) Soya sauce 1 tbsp
2) White Vinegar 1 tbsp
3) Sugar ½ tsp
4) Black pepper ½ tsp
5) Oil 1 tsp
RIce for Shashlik
1) RIce 3 cups
2) Garlic 3 clove chopped fine
3) Oil 4 tbsp
1. Shashlik: With the blunt side of a heavy knife lightly pound the chicken.
2. Combine all ingredients for shashlik except oil and marinate the chicken pieces in it for ½ hour.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken. Remove to another pan.
4. Add a little oil to the frying pan heat and add vegetables. Add the vegetable sauce ingredients while stirring.
5. Stir-fry for three minutes and add to chicken. Make the shashlik sauce by cooking together all sauce ingredients quickly.
6. Rice for Shashlik: Boil rice. Heat oil; add garlic and fry to a light brown colour. Add rice and fry it quickly.
7. Pile chicken in the middle of a round dish and put rice around it. Pour the shashlik sauce over the chicken and serve.