16 chicken drumsticks
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse drumsticks, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a flat layer in 2 large baking pans.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Pour over drumsticks; turn them to coat.
- Cover with foil; bake 15 minutes. Remove foil, turn drumsticks; bake until cooked through, 35 minutes, basting often with pan juices.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve hot; or let cool, cover and refrigerate to serve cold.