1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
250g chicken mince
410g can chop tomatoes with roasted capsicum
125g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
1 teaspoon caster sugar
12 taco shells
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
1 carrot, peeled, grated
2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 cup low-fat grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Increase heat to medium-high. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned.
- Add canned tomatoes, beans, corn, chilli powder and sugar. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Now cook for 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Bake taco shells for 5 minutes or until browned. Spoons mince mixture into shells. Top with lettuce, carrot, tomato and cheese. Serve.