350g packet fresh chow mein noodles
2 teaspoons cornflour
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
400g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
1 medium brown onion, cut into wedges
1 small carrot, peeled, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
410g can whole baby corn spears, drained, halved lengthways
100g cup mushrooms, sliced
1 small baby wombok (Chinese cabbage), trimmed, roughly shredded
3 green onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Using a fork, separate noodles. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, whisk cornflour and soy sauce in a jug until smooth. Stir in oyster sauce and sesame oil.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Swirl to coat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Add brown onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender. Add carrot. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, corn and mushroom. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until corn and mushroom is just tender.
- Return chicken and juices to wok. Add sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through. Add wombok and green onion. Toss to combine. Serve on noodles.