Cheese slices – 4 to 5
Corn flour – 4 tbsp
Maida flour – 4 tbsp
Cooking soda pwd – a pinch
Red chilly pwd – ¾ tsp
Bread crumbs – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
- In a mixing bowl, add corn flour, maida / all purpose flour, cooking soda, red chilly pwd, 2 to 3 tbsp of bread crumbs and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Add water little by little and make a thick batter.
- Now add cheese and knead to smooth dough.
- Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Keep the bread crumbs ready.
- Now take the dough and roll it to lengthy sticks.
- Slice them to small sticks (approx 3 to 4 inches long).
- Coat them in bread crumb mixture, patting to adhere and coat completely.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add the sticks gently in batches. Take care not to over crowd the oil.
- Keep the flame in medium flame and deep fry the cheese sticks.
- Fry till golden in color with crisp outside.
- When browned evenly, drain from oil.
- Reserve in kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
- Healthy & tasty Cheese sticks are ready too much on.
- Serve hot with tomato ketch-up, pizza sauce or salsa, if desired.