Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Spinach(Palak) – 3 cups
Chickpeas(White Channa) 2 1/2 cups
Cumin seeds(Zeera) 1 tsp
Onion – 1 cup thinly sliced
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder(Haldi) – 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash and soak the rice in plenty of water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed pan / pressure cooker.
- Splutter the zeera and add onion.
- Saute until light brown and add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Now add the spice powders and palak. When the palak starts to wilt add the chaana and drained rice.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt and do a taste check.
- Cover and cook for 3 whistles in pressure cooker. If cooking in a pan, cover and cook in medium-high heat for 20 minutes until the rice is done.
- Serve hot with raita or any curry of your choice.