2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 -2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the 1 cup sugar; beat until well combined. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla (mixture will look slightly curdled).
- Stir in flour mixture until just moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling each nearly full.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture over batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven 25 to 30 minutes (standard) or 35 to 40 minutes (jumbo) or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.