1 package (1 cup) cream cheese, softened
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup frozen blueberries
½ cup blueberry preserves
1 package frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets), thawed
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In another small bowl, combine the blueberries and the blueberry preserves.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out each of the sheets of puff pastry to about a 10-inch square.
- Cut each piece into 6 rectangles, (12 rectangles total), about 5”x3½” each.
- Transfer the rectangles to the prepared baking sheets.
- Using a fork, prick the centers of the rectangles of puff pastry, leaving a ½” border unpriced around the edges.
- Mix together the egg and the water and brush over each of the rectangles.
- Take a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and place it in the center of each rectangle of puff pastry. Spread over the rectangle, leaving a ½” border.
- Top each with a spoonful of the blueberry mixture, spreading it evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Bake the pastries for 15-18 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.