1 kg chicken or 16 pieces of chicken
2 tbsp ginger paste
2 tbsp garlic paste
20 grinded green chilies
2 grinded raw onion
1 tbsp grinded poppy
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp black pepper
4 green cardamom
1 stick cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin seeds
Half kg rice soaked for 30 minutes
Oil half cup
2 ½ tsp salt
- Marinate the chicken.
- Marinate it with ginger garlic, grinded green chilies, salt, onion raw grinded, poppy seeds grinded black pepper, and yogurt for 1 hour.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add spices with marinated chicken.
- Fry it for 5 minutes.
- Cover the lid and cook it for 20 minutes till oil comes on top.
- Add soaked rice with 2 cups of water.
- Cover the lid again and cook it for 10 minutes on full flame.
- Lower the flame and put it on dum for 15 minutes till it’s done.
- Serve it hot.