2 cups besan
2 pinches of Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
pinch of asafetida (Heeng)
Oil for deep frying
300 gms. Yogurt
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
Cumin seeds (Zeera) powder
chili (Lal Mirch) powder
- Add spices to besan and make a paste using 1¼ cup of water. Mix well and leave for 30 minutes.
- Then in a frying pan add oil and with the help of a spoon, drop the spoon full of paste into the pan and deep fry till light brown.
- When serving, soak in a bowl of water and when a little soft squeeze out the water between palms and add to prepared yogurt.
- YOGURT: Beat the yogurt adding a little water to a paste.
- Add salt, red chili powder and ½ tsp. zeera powder. Add 1 tsp sugar and mix well.
- Garnish with sweet Imli Chutney and Chaat Masala.