1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese, divided
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup water
2 (26 ounce) cans chunky spaghetti sauce
1 (12 ounce) box oven-ready lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, cottage cheese, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion, and garlic together until the beef is done; drain excess grease.
- Add water and all but 1 cup of spaghetti sauce to beef.
- Spread reserved spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a greased 13×9 inch pan.
- Layer 5 to 6 lasagna noodles over the sauce, overlapping or breaking to fit.
- Spread half the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Spoon a third of the beef mixture over the cheese layer.
- Repeat layers once.
- Add one more layer of 5 to 6 noodles and spoon remaining third of beef mixture over the top.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.