2 medium potatoes (peeled and cubed)
2 medium capsicums (deseed and chopped)
2 small onions (finely chopped)
1 tomato (finely chopped)
1 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp cumin seed
1/2 tsp fenugreek seed
A pinch of asafetida
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp dried mango powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 tsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin and fenugreek seeds, when it changes the colour add asafetida to it. Add onions and sauté it till it becomes pink.
- Put the garlic, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt. Stir together for few minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes and capsicum. Mix all the ingredients well on the low flame.
- Cover it with the lid and cook till potatoes becomes tender and all the moisture evaporates. Stir in between.
- After five minutes add tomatoes; replace the lid and cook until tomatoes becomes tender and mixed well with capsicum and potatoes.
- Turn off the heat and add dried mango powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Garnish alu shimla mirch ki sabzi with coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or roti.