2 medium aloo potatoes (peeled and cubed)
2 medium Shimla Mirch (capsicums) (deseed and chopped)
2 small onions (finely chopped)
1 tomato (finely chopped)
1 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp zeera (cumin seed)
1/2 tsp methi k beejh (fenugreek seed)
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
1/2 tsp dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 tsp coriander(dhaniya) leaves (finely chopped)
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add zeera and methi seeds, when it changes the colour,add onions and sauté it till it becomes pink.
- Put the garlic, red chili powder, coriander(dhaniya) powder, turmeric(haldi) and salt.
- Stir together for few minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes and capsicum(simla mirch).
- Mix all the ingredients well on the low flame.
- Cover it with the lid and cook till potatoes becomes tender and all the moisture evaporates. Stir in between.
- After five minutes add tomatoes; replace the lid and cook until tomatoes becomes tender and mixed well with capsicum and potatoes.
- Turn off the heat and add garam masala. Mix well.
- Garnish alu shimla mirch ki sabzi with coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or roti.