1 kg mutton kheema/ground lamb
2-3 medium size potatoes peeled and cut it big pieces
2 medium size onions finely chopped
4-5 green chili slit lengthwise
2-3 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp mutton curry masala
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chili flakes
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Whole garam masala (Cinnamon stick, cloves, green cardamom)
8-10 fresh curry leaves
2 tsp oil
1 tsp fresh lemonic juice
Pinch of turmer
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Clean the ground meat very well and marinate with 1 tsp red chili powder,salt,1 tsp ginger garlic paste and lemon juice and keep aside for 1 hr (optional, but will give nice flavor to kheema)
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add cumin seeds and after they splutter add potato pieces and cook till it is 1/4 th cooked and add pinch of salt and red chili flakes and mix well and keep it aside.
- Now add 1 more tsp oil in the same pan and add whole garam masala and fry till nice aroma comes out of it. Now add curry leaves and fry for 1 min and add chopped onions and fry for 2-4 mins and add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves. Now add pich of turmeric and green chilies and mix well and fry for 2 mins.
- Add marinated kheema, red chili powder, coriander powder, meat masala and mix well and add cooked potatoes and fry for 3-4 mins without lid.
- Now place lid and cook for 10 mins and do not add water as kheema gives out water but if you feel you are not getting water out of it add cup of water and cook till kheema is almost done and add salt and garam masala and cook without lid for 3 mins until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot rice or rotis.