Goat meat (mutton) about 1 lbs
Potatoes 4 medium peeled and cut in fours
Onions 2 medium cut in lengths
Garlic crushed 1tbsp
Ginger crushed 1tbsp
Crushed tomatoes about 1 can
Salt 1tsp or according to taste
Red chili 1tsp
Haldi (turmeric) 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Green chilies 3-4
Fresh cilantro cut for garnishing
Cooking oil, 1/3 cup
- Put the meat and one cup water in a deep saucepan.
- Now add the onions, ginger, garlic, salt, red chili, haldi and let it cook for about 25 minutes.
- When the water starts to dry up, add the oil and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and potatoes and keep on stirring while cooking.
- When the meat potatoes and meat start sticking to the sauce pan, add about one glass of water, and cook on low heat.
- If the potatoes are cooked and the meat is tender, the aloo gosht is ready.
- Sprinkle the garam masala, and garnish with cilantro and cut green chilies.