Cauliflower – 1 medium, cut to bite size florets
Potatoes – 2 large, cut to bite size pieces
Frozen green peas – 1 cup
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asofoetida – pinch
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece, minced
Garlic – 5 cloves, minced
Tomatoes – 2 large, chopped
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – to taste
Dry mango powder (Amchur) – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Cilantro – 5 sprigs, chopped for garnishing
- Heat Oil in a medium non-stick pan.
- Add Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle.
- Add Asofoetida, Turmeric Powder and Onions — mix well and sautee for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Ginger and Garlic — mix and sautee until Oil starts to separate from the onions (stir frequently).
- Add Tomatoes — mix and cook until Oil again separates from the mixture (stir frequently).
- While tomatoes are cooking, place Potatoes in a microwave safe bowl w/ cover, sprinkle a little salt, add 1/4 cup water and microwave for approx 3-5 minutes (they should be 1/2 cooked).
- Place washed Cauliflower florets in a microwave safe bowl w/ cover and cook for approx 3-5 minutes (it should be 1/2 cooked). Lightly Salt the Cauliflower while it is still warm.
- Once Oil has separated from the tomato mixture, add Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Red Chili Powder, Cumin Powder, Dry Mango Powder and Salt — mix well.
- Add half-cooked Potatoes, mix well to coat all potatoes, cover and cook for 5 minutes (or until the potatoes are tender but not breaking apart).
- Add Green Peas and half-cooked Cauliflower and mix well to evenly coat the cauliflower — cover and cook until all veggies are tender but not mushy and falling apart.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro Leaves and serve with Chapatti, Paratha or Rice and Daal.