1 kg chicken (mix) (small pieces)
2 tbsp yogurt
½ lime squeezed
2 tomatoes chopped
2 green chillies
2 tbsp crushed ginger
2 cloves of garlic crushed
Some red chilli powder
A bunch of coriander (crushed)
Salt to taste
1 tsp Ayesha’s Kitchen Special Garam Masala
1 cup oil
- Combine crushed green chillies, ginger, garlic, coriander, salt, red chilli powder and garam masala in a bowl and mix with yogurt. Add lime juice.
- Heat oil and fry chicken until it is fried and slightly golden.
- Now add the yogurt paste and mix well for 2 minutes on high heat. Add tomatoes and let it cook covered for at least ½ hour on low medium heat.
- If the oil comes up that means it is done, otherwise cook of high heat, with constant stirring until the water evaporates and oil comes up. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, put a piece of charcoal on high flame and heat it until it is white and hot.
- Now place a 4×4 piece of aluminum foil on cooked chicken and place the coal on it. Drizzle some oil and cover it with the lid.
- Keep it aside for at least 15 minutes. Serve hot with raita, salad and chapattis.