250 g butter
100 g margarine
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
250 g sugar
250 g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180degrees celsius.
- Sift baking powder and flour into a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream margarine, butter, salt and sugar till fluffy.
- Add eggs in one at a time, only after the previous egg has been thoroughly mixed into the batter.
- Add vanilla and sifted ingredients into the batter and mix well. Pour into a greased and lined 8 inch square pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Note: it might start getting kinda brown at 20 mins, so I strongly recommend that you tent it with tin foil after around 20 mins, to prevent the top from burning due to the large amt of butter in the recipe.