A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fibre. It also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties. It also contains traces of iron and vitamin A.
Here’s some interesting information on the benefits of warm lemon water.
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
- It balances to maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases.
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- It helps cure the common cold.
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne.
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems.